Ill or occupationally disabled
If you become ill or occupationally disabled, your employer will continue to pay your salary for the first 2 years. You will continue to accrue pension during this time. You will accrue pension on the salary you receive while you are ill.
You are ill for more than 2 years
In this situation, you will be declared fully or partially occupationally disabled. If your disability percentage is 35% or more, you will receive a WIA benefit from the government. You will continue to accrue a pension if you have a disability percentage of more than 35%. The pension fund will pay the contribution due for your pension.
What you need to do
- There will be nothing for you to arrange in your first 2 years of illness.
- If your disability percentage changes. Notify us and also include a copy of your reassessment from the Employee Insurance Agency (UWV).
- If you have a disability percentage of 35% or more. And you are receiving a WIA benefit, APF Pension Fund will contribute towards your pension contribution. How much we contribute will depend on your disability percentage, you see this in the table below.
|What is the degree of your occupational disability?
||By what percentage will your pension accrual continue?
|80% - 100%
|65% - 80%
|55% - 65%
|45% - 55%
|35% - 45%
|0% - 35%
You may also receive a supplementary disability pension
You will receive a supplementary disability pension if you have a disability percentage of 80 - 100% and your income was more than € 58,307.40 (this is the WIA income limit in 2021). You will receive a small supplement to your income if you are receiving a WGA benefit and your income does not exceed the WIA income limit. The disability pension will supplement the benefit you receive from the Employee Insurance Agency (UWV). The maximum salary for which you can receive a benefit from the UWV is the WIA income limit.
- If you are receiving a WGA benefit and have a disability percentage of 80 - 100%
You will receive a disability pension equal to 5% of your fixed salary, up to a maximum of € 58,307.40 (the WIA income limit in 2021), before you had an occupational disability. You will receive a disability pension equal to 75% of your fixed salary above the WGA income limit. This payment will stop when you start to receive a state pension.
- If you are receiving an IVA benefit and your income is more than the WIA income limit
You will receive a disability pension equal to 80% of the amount of your fixed salary above € 58,307.40 (the WIA income limit in 2021) before you had an occupational disability. This payment will stop when you start to receive a state pension.